Biomechanics – Thursday 24 June – 9.30-3.30
Add a Review
Quickview Online Webinar, Webinar
Exercise Physiology Tuesday 23 November 9.30-12.30 Outline: This event is for you if you’re starting out with Exercise Physiology or have some experience and wish to increase your knowledge and confidence It will equip you with a variety of tools to enable your students to engage with and apply their knowledge to some of the more challenging topic areas. A variety of teaching and learning strategies will be explored, as well as essential revision and examination technique. Focus:£95.00 .
- Diet and Nutrition
- the athlete v the sedentary person
- energy intake, expenditure and balance
- linked to strength and endurance
- Training methods and fitness components
- strategies to enhance students’ understanding
- exemplified through strength training
- Physiological adaptations - different training methods
- exemplified through aerobic training
- Periodisation of Training – planning a programme
- Injuries: Hard and Soft v Acute and Chronic
- Synoptic: explored via varied Exercise Physiology topic areas
- improving performance in the 20-mark question
- approaches for accessing the higher mark scheme level
Quickview Online Webinar, Webinar
Teaching and learning in A level PE Tuesday 23 November 1.30-4.30 Outline: This interactive session will focus on how to implement evidence informed teaching and learning strategies to enhance outcomes. With research into cognitive science being more accessible than ever, the ability to practically apply these findings into our A level PE lessons is a must for all teachers looking to maximise their students’ performance. With examples from all components, Session one will focus on strategies to promote active learning and how to hook and encode information into the long-term memory. Session two’s focus will be on ‘how to remember anything forever’ - using spaced repetition. Spaced repetition flash card apps to combat the forgetting curve (Ebbinghaus 1885) will be explored and shared. This outstanding use of technology has the potential to really transform learning! Focus:£95.00 .
- Strategies to maximise active learning and engagement across all three components:
- Interactive note taking - brilliant for flipped learning tasks!
- Innovative memorisation strategies - to make tricky topics, sticky!
- Take away retrieval practice activities - to promote spacing and interleaving
- Co-operative learning strategies - to create a buzz in your classroom
- Spaced repetition – the game changer!
- Once information has been ‘learned’, how do we keep it there…. forever?
- How do we stop forgetting?
- Interrupting the forgetting curve using a spaced repetition flash card app
- Access to video tutorials and ready-made flash card decks for all three theory componentsTeaching and learning in A level PE Tuesday 23 November 1.30-4.30
- Wes Davis is Teaching and Learning Coordinator and Head of Sport at Worcester Sixth Form College. He is a highly experienced A level PE examiner with >15 years’ experience teaching all areas of the specification. He has a particular passion for the psychological component, revision strategies and the study of memory. In 2019, 22 of Wes’ 40 students achieved A*. He was recently shortlisted for the TES teacher of the year award.
Quickview Online Webinar
Outline: This session will explore the challenges we all face - specifically (though not exclusively) posed by the current pandemic. Strategies, solutions and best practice will be suggested and discussed, so as to ensure an engaging and successful experience for learners. This generic session will make reference to all theory components and is suitable for all teachers of OCR A-Level PE. The webinar will include:£95.00 .
- Strategies to support and reassure students
- maintaining focus for learning
- preparing students for the 2021 exams
- lost learning - game plan
- Delivering a blended learning model
- adapting what we ‘normally’ do
- ideas for keeping lessons interactive
- Latest OCR news and issues arising - discussion and Q&A
- Comprehensive course materials (emailed before the event)
- Emma is Director of Teaching and Quality at The 6th Form College Farnborough (an Ofsted outstanding college)
- she is an expert in her field whose students consistently attain excellent examination results
- having taught all topics of the OCR course for many years she has a wealth of knowledge and ideas to share
- Emma is an experienced A-Level PE Examiner and Team Leader (theory) and Practical Moderator (coursework), as well as a practised INSET tutor
- author of the PEfocus (OCR endorsed) ‘Sports Psychology’ Teacher Resource File
- a keen netballer and traveller – Emma’s scratch map is coming along nicely!
Quickview Online Webinar, Webinar£225.00 .